Salesforce marketing has a great way of capturing the essence of things and presenting it in an enjoyable video. I think the video below does that well with the Salesforce Admin role.
Davina, does a nice job here, talking about a typical day and listing the responsibilities of the Salesforce Admin, including:
My approach to sharing what is involved in the role, was to go back to when I documented it out for a former client who had recently implemented Salesforce and was looking to hire for the role. I broke it down into two areas, business skills and technical responsibilities.
Salesforce Administrator Business Skills
- Excellent communication, motivational, and presentation skills
- The desire to be the voice of the user in communicating with management
- Analytical skills to respond to requested changes and identify customizations
- A solid understanding of your business processes
- Lead/opportunity pipeline management
- Knowledge of the organizational structure and culture to help build relationships with key groups
Salesforce Administrator Technical Responsibilities
- Support and Train end users
- Manage List views, reports and dashboards, and business analytics
- Manage Users
- Add picklist values
- Modify page layouts
- Manage Lead & Case routing rules
- Manage Email templates
- Develop and maintain validation rules
- Design, Develop, and Manage Custom workflows and process
- Manage Service requests, feature requests, and bugs
- Conduct Testing and QA in Sandbox
- Monitor Data Quality
I think it is a reasonable list, but there is always room for improvement. What do you think? What would you add to my list?