June 6, 2005

Tom Cavanaugh

Instead of pasting my notes, I will try to summarize Tom's talk. He was discussing performance technology. Focusing on the areas of technology helping us with using technology. Examples included Word Help, Airline Kiosks, and pay-at-the pump fueling. This idea is that the training of the employee is removed while the training of the customer becomes embedded in the new technology. I think this is a critical peice to performance improvement in the future.

Tom should consider presenting at ISPI. I think this community could embrace these concepts. I talked to Tom after the presentation and we discussed how this might be applied to the Instructional Design process. I realize, no one wants to automatize training development, but a really smart support system could really help!

No comments:

Post a Comment