October 23, 2006

I love showing Technologies to People

I was showing a potential client some technologies. I started with some of the things that we have created in the office, but then I started showing him this blog, then Flickr, then YouTube... I couldn't help myself. Google Reader and how to post a blog entry and instantly read it on my Treo 650. I talked about formal classes, versus information sharing and collaboration. It was so cool.

This is what I love to do. The really cool thing about the guy is that he was totally new to it, but wanted to know more. It was one of those moments where you knew you could really help someone find some new solutions that could help their organization.

I'm not sure which ones he'll implement first and I probably overwhelmed him a bit, but it was fun.


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:30 AM

    Lee - That's awesome. It's a great feeling to help someone out, isn't it? I don't know near what I'd like to know about web development, but I love explaining some of the things I do know to people, and showing them how to do something they've never done before. Especially when they're into it. It's a satisfaction like no other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. There is nothing more satisfying then showing someone a practical use of technology. Lee, he sounds like someone to invite to WVWEB. Also, I just finished up posting the latest edition of Grand Rounds, the best of the medical blogosphere. I went with a Flickr theme for the edition. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan, I think the ultimate coolness is that by teaching someone else it profoundly improves your understanding of the topic. This creates a nice cycle.

    Bob, I thought that I might invite him. I will check out your post.

    ReplyDelete