January 12, 2007

The New LMS

I am always so excited when Tony responds to my blog and as I am typing, talk about your realtime activity, I see Mark pushes it out a little as well. (note: I started this post Friday morning, but work issues pulled me away. Now Brent has jumped in.) The main point is that the new LMS will be something different then what we have now. Here are a few thoughts off the top of my head of the possibilities of the new LMS.

More possibilities for the new LMS.
  • It will most likely will not be a destination. It is there when you need it and gone when you don't.
  • It will track or pull data from many different web services. i.e. your feedreader, flickr, or youtube.
  • It will not be an HR system.
  • It will both generate and store a lot of the meta-data about learning.
  • It will allow other systems to integrate workflow, learning content, and social interaction on top of it.
  • It will foster single user adoption and empower that user within any environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment