Here are the first 10 of 25...
It would be a great next step to take the entire list and create specific how-tos. I think I will when I get a chance. Check out the entire list.
- Make collaboration easy. Employ the usual technology suspects such as discussionboards, wiki, web-conferencing solutions, IM, VOIP, etc. Facilitate physical meet-ups through architectural design and orchestrated face-to-face events. Support and encourage communities of practice and other community constructs. Identify and address roadblocks via organizational network analysis and other means.
- Teach critical thinking and “web / learning 2.0″ skills
- Help employees discover and refine their own personal learning environment
- Include desired learning behaviors in talent and performance management frameworks, programs and systems
- Improve content findability. Obsessive attention to enterprise federated search, cross-linking, social tagging, content reuse strategies, etc.
- Provide electronic performance support
- Improve people findability. Both expertise location applications and other means.
- Make outside connections easy. Funding for information and research services, conference attendance, guest speakers at company events, etc. A liberal blog policy and encouragement to blog
- For every new piece of formal learning, explore complementary informal learning opportunities — explicitly driving this exploration through process
- For every new piece of formal learning, answer: What can we do to increase the likelihood and depth of immediate practice in a safe environment; ideally where failure is not only expected, but created