May 30, 2007

How to screwup in the Read/Write Web

As you can see in the right column of this page I have a new learning goal.

Show everyone my login details at sceencast-o-matic

So early this morning I tried out a new tool called Screencast-O-Matic and was able to create a short little screencast on how to use TwoBrains. The problem was that my username and password was set to a simple Lee and ***. Well it didn't take a rocket scientist to guess the password and someone was king enough to cleverly show the error of my ways without being to destructive. With the exception of a few goals that got deleted, no real harm done. I am actually thankful that they didn't do much worse.

So, on the positive side, doing a screencast does help people use your service.

On the negative side, being dumb about your login details, makes you feel pretty... well... dumb.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:07 AM

    I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've done something dumb online. It happens. Like you said, at least the intruder didn't do too much harm, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it seems things are somewhat back to normal and I did a new screencast. I'll try toget it up today.

    ReplyDelete