June 12, 2007

Podcasting as a Learning Tool

Best of Podcasting on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I am still a big believer in podcasting. I haven't spent near the amount of time that I thought I was going to in creating podcasts, but hopefully that will change. Podcasts are just a great way to create content and enable mobile learning. It is also a glimpse of how almost all media will be consumed in the future.

My love of podcasting comes from my role as a learner more then my role as a educator. I have listened to hours and hours of podcasts on many different topics. Because I live in a very rural area I have a lot of time in the car. I use this time to listen to podcasts. As I have mentioned before, I love the ITConversations service and PodTech.net. I listen to a couple of shows from Podshow as well.

Compared to a couple of years ago, there are now incredible amounts of audio content on the web. As someone who is interested in learning as mush as possible about any topic that I am interested in, this is just a wonderful development. So, go put those head phones on and learn!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:12 PM

    I think that podcasting is a good idea for use in the classroom. Eventually we are just going to be using computers and technology in the classroom. I think that podcasting is a good start for using technology in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that podcasting really provides learner control. It is so critical. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete