August 14, 2007

Telecommunications Transition

I think that I am going to enjoy the final switch to the internet from traditional telecommunication companies. I realize they are so tied together that it might not ever be a clean break, but once our services, including telephone services are in the online competitive space, the end customer will be much better served. We will still need connections into the main network (internet access) but once we have the basic connectivity, communication services will be easy to switch from provider to another and cheap enough to have multiple providers. That will be great.

Can you tell I just had interaction with my local telephone company? They are expensive, have poor service, and hold a monopoly on my family. Not a good place to be for a consumer.

No comments:

Post a Comment