April 26, 2005

Interface Design

I was listening to a podcast from IT Conversations on the way home last evening. It was about how Sony was working on new interface systems with their gaming systems. It was quite interesting to hear some of the ideas that they are working on, including hand gestures, motion sensors and microphones. He indicated that voice recognition will be an integrated component in the next generation of video games. Some things that I found interesting was that he mentioned that his 4 year old son, while playing a driving game would actually move across the room while steering and jump in the air when the car would jump. My soon did this and still does to some extent.

I think it would be an interesting exercise to write down each of the things he mentioned and consider how that would impact a learning environment. If I ever have time maybe I will.

Did any one else listen to it?

No comments:

Post a Comment