October 26, 2006

YouTube has Bad Videos... No way?

web 2.0 isn't a cure-all


Dave Lee says that slideshare is a "poor example of web2.0." I have posted on slideshare and believe that it is a wonderful extension of an existing technology. I find myself in disagreement with his statement. Slideshare has identified the pain in sharing slides of content and extremely simplified that process. They have added some great technologies around the "sharing" of slides, such as tagging and RSS. The have also turned every slide into a "destination" on the web, creating micro-content that can be discussed and shared. They have taken an incredibly successful communication tool and by re-thinking how people interact with that content have made it significantly better then it was. I find that amazing.

Now, Dave also discussed some of the historic problems that happen when people chose to use powerpoint to create really boring presentations, and I have sadly given some and listened to a lot of them myself. But we don't blame YouTube for bad video, or Verizon for boring telephone calls, or Blogger for my blog...;) I think SlideShare is great.






No comments:

Post a Comment