August 24, 2007

Reminded of home



When I saw this image this morning, I was quickly reminded of home. But this bridge is far from my home, this is Victory Falls, Zimbabwe. The image was on a video on a site called Nomadsland that I learned about from here. It is a site that provides very interesting videos on culture around the world. It would be a wonderful resource for you educators in the classroom.

The image “http://filebox.vt.edu/users/rkoors/Bcmpr.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

This is the one that I drive across in West Virginia on a regular basis. A little bit larger but similar. However, our rural state has different culture issues then Zimbabwe. Both areas of the world are very interested in protecting our natural resources, attracting tourists, and supporting the economy, but their issues have extreme conditions and their people are resorting to extreme behavior.

I am very blessed in be in the United States.




Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment